Sunday, March 22, 2009

Planning My First Kur

In October 2003, I submitted to British Dressage the details of my first Dressage Kur or Musical Freestyle.   The music selected was from a collection of German folk songs and fit Jeddien quite nicely.   However, I never actually rode the Kur in a competition.

Five and a half years later, I'm now FINALLY planning to ride my first Kur.   Ever.   (Not counting Quadrilles.)   But imagine my surprise when during a practice run I found Jeddien's gaits and paces no longer match the music!   Her tempo has slowed just a tad with time & dressage training.   So now I need to "stretch" her music or redo it all together.   Hmmmphf!

While browsing the web, I discovered that Equitech Software in the UK has provided the dressage world with a great little software package called "Dressage Divas".

I purchased the package from the USDF (click on the image to go straight to the USDF store!) and am now playing with it.   Looks like a good software package.   So, we are back in business and looking forward to our Kur debut in 2009!

There's no business like show business, like no business I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment