Sunday, March 14, 2010

Google & Dressage Geometry

If you are reading this, you are most likely sitting a computer.   Which also means you're probably familiar with Google.   Me, I'm a big fan of Google, but most especially, I love their logos.   And today's was no exception.

At first glance, I thought Google's logo showed a dressage arena with diagrams of suppling exercises and pirouette work!   Seriously.   Because this is what I see in my mind's eye when I think of dressage ring work.   Shapes.   Circles.   Serpentines.   Geometry.

Okay, so I don't go riding around my arena thinking in terms of Pi, but I do aim to maintain a fixed radius for my circles and voltes, as well as gradual changes in radius and slope for my spiral in, spiral out work.   And for pirouette work, starting with quarter turns, I like to use squares and rectangles.

Thank you, Google, for your first dressage logo!   I suspect Dressage riders around the world will give it a 10!   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment