Friday, April 3, 2009

Sally Swift

Many equestrians are waking up to the news that Sally Swift, the wonderful woman who shared with the horse world the concept of Centered Riding, passed away yesterday, April 2nd, at an impressive age just 3 weeks shy of her 96th birthday.

I never had the opportunity to see Sally in person, but she's been a major influence on my riding since the 80's.   To this day, I still use her imagery when riding.   And in lessons with students, I apply and share many of the ideas I learned from Sally's book, "Centered Riding".

No amount of recognition & awards will ever match the contributions Sally Swift made to the equestrian world.   She will indeed be greatly missed.   However, through her books and students, she will continue to positively influence riding for a very long time to come.

My heart felt sympathy goes out to all who had the honor and pleasure of knowing Sally.

(The image above is a poster you can purchased at the Centered Riding Store.)

No comments:

Post a Comment