Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Panic!

After several hours playing with music, editing, riding, videotaping, viewing, reviewing, and more editing.... technology decided to throw in several curve balls.

First, my red Acer Ferrari laptop, a computer I have enjoyed for several years, keeled over.  Deader than a doornail.  And sure enough, it was the system I was using for iTunes and Audacity.

Then, Audacity had the audacity to erase a huge strip of music across 4 tunes.  Ugh.  However, since I had been keeping records of the work I was doing, I was able to recut the music.... Or so I thought.

Test riding it, I discovered, much to my husband's amusement while he videotaped, that I can cut out TOO MUCH of the music, about 20 seconds worth.  A video of this can be seen here on YouTube.

So, not to be deterred, I went back to the drawing board and made more edits....
  Only to have a good cut of music get wiped out when the system I am now using CRASHED.   Ah....   Windows.   And try as it did to restore the work in progress, Audacity was unable.

And so now, a fierce thunderstorm is spiking our power like crazy and I have about 3 days of work to do on my kur....   And only 1 day in which to do it.

Panic or Don't Panic!?   Believe me, I am panicking....

No comments:

Post a Comment